take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SW Halloween Parade and Breakfast-November 1, 2008

Yesterday we went to our 2nd annual Sedro Woolley Halloween Parade. I grew up here and had no idea that this was a tradition, until my friend Kari, who moved here told me about it. It is a parade, but you don’t know until you’ve been that you are the parade. Noone is really watching this because they are in it. It is quite amusing. Joy’s Bakery gives out super yummy homemade donuts and SW Family Dental gives toothbrushes. Score!

Speaking of Joy’s Bakery, we get up this morning and decide to go there for hot chocolate and breakfast. It is 10 a.m. by the time we actually get going and the kids are starving because we usually eat at 8 a.m. We go in and the place is packed, so we leave because we are very hungry. We have to run home because I forgot my purse. So, we decide to give it one more shot, hoping that in the past 5 minutes a table has opened up. Brett parks and I run in to see and I spot a booth, so I run back to the car, tell the gang and grab Camille so we can get the booth. Camille and I look for cars then head across the street for the booth when I see a family just like ours getting close to the door, so I grab her hand and we run. Well, I run, dragging Camille because she has been very tired and says she can’t walk, let alone run. So, she is crying and I am dragging my child across the street for this booth, all the while Joy’s Bakery has rather large windows for people to stare out of. Well, we made it, not in front of the other family, but there was another booth that I didn’t see when I went in for the initial stakeout. All of this for pancakes and hot chocolate (hot chocolate with mountains of whipped cream and sprinkles.)

No comments: