take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Junk food and a haircut.

Brett had today off so I wanted to head out on a day excursion but that didn't happen. Another day happened instead, which began with inhaling donuts from Krispy Kreme. We have never been and you can tell by the reaction on Gabe's face that he is a big fan.






Next, we were off to get Gabe's hair cut. Our $7.99 coupon was soon to expire. While we were waiting, Camille grabbed the latest hairstyle magazine to examine Gabe's options. She found the picture of how she thought Gabe should look when he was done. I took a picture so we could compare!





Not quite what Camille was going for, but this will have to do. Gabe cracks me up though because he is so serious when he is in the barber chair. He had this expression the entire time.




Not only was it bad enough that we ate "breakfast" at Krispy Kreme, we ate McDonalds for lunch. The 11:30 showing of Madagascar was sold out, so while we waited for the 12:30 the kids-McKennna, Garrett, and Camille lucked out with Happy Meals (we have seen Super Size Me and it is quite a shocker.) What a day for advertising.



There are more mundane things to share (like roaming from store to store in search of a mattress for Gabe) but I'm sure this is more than enough excitement!

4 comments:

B.Jewell said...

I love it- the junk food and haircut! Gabe is so funny in the photos and sooo serious with his mo-hawk! PS. I have never had a Krisy Kreme, do I need to? Love Beck

elleskiles said...

Beck-remember Lafeen's in Bellingham? Let's just say Krispy Kreme can't compare. When we lived off Lake Whatcom we would take our morning walk to Lafeen's and call it exercise. Gabe was happy,though!

genevieve said...

My kids love going to Krispy Kreme too. I love the look on Gabe's face as he is eating it. Looks like you had a fun day.

B.Jewell said...

ok i just have to tell you that i worked at lafeens while i was a western- that place was kick A- they used to give me the day old stuff! Delicious!