take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

St. Augustine

I have mentioned "Band of Horses" in a previous post. They sing St. Augustine, one of the songs floating through my blog. I just adore the chorus and laughed my way onto the sofa when I first heard the lyrics. He sings "I know you tried, I know you're cursed, I know your best was still your worst . . ." It was good that I could laugh at myself when hearing these all too familiar words. There are days when my best is still plainly my worst and this just brings it to the surface. It is really quite amusing. Well, for me anyhow. Like when my friend asked me if my hair was from yesterday, the yesterday when I had it cut and styled by a professional, (which happens two to three times a year) not myself, implying that I hadn't taken a shower. Yes, she's seen me on most days when I haven't yet taken a shower. She told me she meant my hair looked good, despite the fact that I fixed it, which meant moving short bouts of hot air around my head and this was a good day. All in all a great haircut for showerless days.

No comments: