take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Appreciating what we have.

So, we got a new car, about a month and a half ago, a few days after my birthday. We got it out of neccessity, not because we wanted a car payment. Today, while we were driving to school, Camille was on the phone with Brett playing the "I love you more than a . . . game," so it seems we play this game a lot, but everybody needs some love, right? Well, I heard her say "I love you more than our car," which I thought was going to be nice until she said, "red car." The old car. Brett pointed out she loved that big boat with dents and paint scrapes and had a difficult time when we said we would no longer be sailing our way through these Woolley roads. I love that she doesn't see people on terms of what they drive or where they live. She thinks our house is huge (she is small still and will soon realize) but she knows this is where we can feel the Spirit, sing at the top of our lungs, whisper secrets in ears, and dance like we mean it. I was driving our two year old car today and I was waiting, out of habit, for the battery to die when we went through a puddle. It didn't. Strange. Every time we drove through water the battery would die and well, today is a repeat of yesterday. I can barely see through these water doused windows. As soon as you open your car door, be prepared to take a cold shower.

No comments: