take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rain!

I have added Patty Griffin's "Rain" song to my playlist because it is officially that time of the year where dampness and gray saturate the earth of Skagit Valley. They actually become a part of you, digging into your bones. It is quite beautiful if you study the trees, and how droplets ready to burst hang on to the bare branches while moss creeps up the root base of our Akane, Summered, and Bartlett.

We made our Thursday pilgrimage to the Children's Museum. We had fun, especially Gabe who went right for this white lace-patterned hat with silk flowers and heely slip ons. I took some pics and will have to post them, but the camera is in the car. I refuse to go outside into the wet until I have to tonight for Camille's preschool meeting.
It is 3:52 p.m. and it is dark in our house. Nice.

No comments: