take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Friday, March 6, 2009

The Vomit Chronicles.

I really am not going to give a historical account of facts and events related to vomit. It seems like many of my blog entires are related to this topic, however, and if you add them up I am recording my vat of vomit life. Camille has had major issues with vomit her entire existence and they have escalated. We have been working on solving her sleep issues and vomiting for some time now. She is on new medication which made her very sick (yes, more vomiting. She is taking the medication to make the vomiting stop and now we have moved to another one that has the same side effects but a different name. We will be experimenting with this tonight. I hate medications and have a hard time taking ibuprofen, let alone being the one to decide what harsh meds my child will take. Really stressful times manifest in multiples, at least in my family. When Gabe gets sick it just hits him. He woke up from his nap yesterday and was having a hard time breathing. I ran out of albuterol and needed the doctor to call some in to my pharmacy. Last night around 7, it was finally ready. Gabe and I were standing in line when he began to horrendously vomit, down my shirt, in my purse, soaking entire articles of our clothing, not to mention splattering the floor. A nice man reached for a small box of tissues and handed them to me. I was thankful for his help, but in my head I was like this isn't even going to come close. I ran to the bathroom while he sent his son to get someone for the mess. I stripped our coats and tried to wipe off what I could. Gabe was not happy about being left in puke stained clothing and seemed to say with his cries, mom, why am I still wearing these? I really wish I could have taken them off but then we would be naked. I walked out gracefully, donning my new look of orange glop streaking my entire t-shirt. While we returned to the pharmacy line, well there wasn't a line, one lady was being helped in front of me. That didn't really matter because I think their mission was to help everyone but me. While Gabe cried and was heavily wheezing, they called a young guy, in his 20's who had been loudly chatting and appeared to me to be gleefully doing it, to get claim his prescription. He apologized as he went to collect. The lady who was being helped in front of me was relaying her life story. Okay, kind of like what I am doing but hopefully you aren't covered in puke as you are reading this. After I finally get the albuterol, they made me sign off with a pharmacist even though my son has taken it since birth. I moved to the right and waited for her while she was on the phone. She then asked if I minded if she helped another man, again someone not standing in wet reeking clothes with a crying child attached to the hip. Are you kidding me? She eventually addressed me, while still on the phone, relaying to me that it will help open his airways. Yes, again, he has taken this since birth. I am sure I know more than you. Again, in my head and I am a bit upset and getting mean by now. I had visited this pharmacy earlier in the day to pick up Camille's new medication and I wasn't too impressed with another pharmacist's knowledge about the drug she would be taking. Pretty sure they don't see it come through very often since he had no idea what it was. He said he had to look at the printout, which I could do on my own. Once he glanced at it, he said to discontinue use if she started hallucinating and mentions a spider the size of a dog coming down from the ceiling. Good to know. I am sure I will keep you, yes, the one person who may read this post about spiders and of course more vomit, which my son continued to do every two hours between neb treatments. Life is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Michelle! I am so so sorry to hear of all your vomit woes and medical/pharmacy related difficulties. I hope very soon for you to have better, vomit-free clothing days! Hang in there, lady....