take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

(Ground Smashing) Songs to

run thighs into the ground & dance wildly to,
when bad things just won't go away:

Abel: The National (a personal fav. of Lo and myself, having something to do with the reoccurring words "My mind's not right.)
Mind's Eye: Josh Ritter (you better bring a shovel and be expecting the worst.)
Debaser: The Pixies
Golden Age of Radio: Josh Ritter
Creep: Radiohead
Plasticities: Andrew Bird (they'll fight for precious territory.)
Drop Down Dead: The Housemartins (self-explanatory, refer to title.)

These are a few of the very long and much needed list.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want it! Will you make me a cd of MIchelle Skiles' Most Cherished Ground Smashing Selections? I would love love LOVE it! (Pretty please?)

elleskiles said...

Yes, I would love to but you might be scared of my insanity-wait, a video of me dancing won't be attached, so you're safe. Can I steal your title?

Unknown said...

You can steal the title, no problem. I don't mind being exposed to your insanity. It can't be any more scary than my own, can it??? Winter gets pretty dark..