take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goodnight Moon and Goodbye Dad!

Last night Brett and Gabe were lying down in Gabe's bed reading, the usual, a little Goodnight Moon and Monkey books. He will get down, pull a book off his shelf and hand it over, saying "don't read it yet, don't read it yet," while climbing back onto his bed. He got situated and then told Brett to "goot over." Brett didn't quite understand him and didn't do it fast enough, because he then said with authority "Ge ow of ma woom" (translation: Get out of my room.) He then looked and me and said "Mommy, lay down." I guess Brett got the boot.

He is stringing many words together now and definitely makes us laugh. He loves to play the harmonica and will sing his goodnight noodle song. He is playing a gig with his band (himself and his care bear) right now, singing away, pounding the keyboard, and of course shaking the maracas, instead of taking a nap.

2 comments:

annabell bash said...

Good to know that there are strict rules that must be followed while in Gabe's presence - rules that not even dad can break! What a cute story and a darling little boy! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! I swear this month has been so stinken crazy - even the weather is a little loony!

genevieve said...

I love it when they start making sense to us. That is really too cute.