take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Monday, January 12, 2009

I Am Not Happy with Houston!

Today is one more gray, drizzly day. As I was driving away from Clear Lake, after talking with Kari, the friend I see and laugh with almost every day, I was sad. She has been moving to Houston for almost 6 months now. Her husband has been there since August and she and her two children are following. She was supposed to leave sooner than this new year of 2009 so I should be thankful for the extra time. Kari is creating a new plan to get to Houston. Houston, you have enough people.

Camille and I will contribute to this January rain because she loves her best friend, McKenna as well. We love their whole family. It seems difficult to find friends who share the same values and who raise their children similar to you. Most people who move to Sedro Woolley for work and who have no family here eventually move on. I am sure I will add to my sad words at a later date when they are gone and I will be feeling sorry for a long distance friendship. I am thankful for the chance to become friends, even if Houston wins, for now.

1 comment:

annabell bash said...

Michelle - So sorry your friend is moving... tough stuff. I'll try and keep my blog nice and happy - I wouldn't want you to weep anymore than you probably already are! See you on Wednesday! :)