take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Tulip Run, but in a Car.


We didn't get a chance to visit the tulips this year and I, along with all people, love tulip pics. They are beginning to top them, so the kids and I make lunch and jump in the car in search of tulips.

We head out in that direction but decide to take back routes from Sedro to Mt.Vernon/Laconner. We find daffodil fields and pull over for a photo opp.

Instead of standing in front of the daffodils, Camille leads the way up a small, weedy hill to be remembered by the camera.

It is the perfect background for the picture with the "Wizard of Ooze" port-o-potty between Camille and Gabe. There is a sign that says, "Powell Trucking," and apparently this is a trucker's bathroom stop. Nice!

After this magical stop, we are on the road again. I see some tulips and look for some way to reach them, but I soon realize that it is someone's personal property. Wow, their very own tulip dream. I took a picture on the way by, hence the blurred vision.

Camille is making a funny face because she thinks I am a bit looney in our quest. I am not so sure about that since she is the one who found the first photo stop.

As we drive, I randomly take unknown side roads and then all of sudden we are driving alongside the mecca of topped off tulip fields. Our destination.






I think there is great beauty in these pictures where petals blanket the ground. It is a reminder that their simple beauty existed, if only for springtime moments.


As we continued to drive and hit the main roads, we did find tulips with their blooming heads, but as we peered over we saw caged spaces full of cars and kept on driving, satisfied with our quiet ceremony.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the "Wizard of Ooze." What a magical place to do one's business, hmm?

genevieve said...

I totally slacked this year and didn't make it to the tulips! You are good - you made it in time. I love the picture!