take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Saturday was the day for our annual train tradition. Last year's hats were too small, so we needed new hats for the frosty occasion. Gabe's hat size is 5-12, so he's supposedly good until twelve. Not too sure about that. I guess he has a big head. We always joke that they take after their dad, who now has a rebuttal. In one of his grad Science classes they did an experiment and the outcome was: his head was just average. That's too bad. I can no longer say he has an extraordinarily big brain.
Camille rode the ponies alone this year. She no longer needed me by her side and I was banned to the outside rope.
At least Gabe still needed our help.

We love, love, love the train rides as they twirl and whirl through downtown and under the Christmas tree.

2 comments:

cat said...

hey, gen just sent me your link, hope you don't mind.
i am lovin' your blog. your kids are out-of-control cute, and you are an amazing writer.
we play the "i love you more than" game too, my last favorite of alastair was "more than comfy pants and chocolate". i felt loved!:)
my blog is private, if you want invite - email me catorin-at-gmail.com

elleskiles said...

wow, you scored with comfy pants and chocolate. That is pretty close to the top of my list.