take me anywhere

take me anywhere's book montage

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Cinnamon Peeler: Selected Poems
Night
Divisadero
Atonement
Philadelphia, Here I Come! : A Comedy in Three Acts
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
The Lost Salt Gift of Blood
Imagining Argentina
A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
The End of America: A Letter of Warning To A Young Patriot
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amongst Women
Church of the Dog
Charming Billy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
The Birth House
The Poisonwood Bible
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


take me anywhere's favorite books »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

what was said in two thousand and ... eleven

we were all in camille's bed listening to each other's heart and gabe says, "everyone's heart in this bed is beating." well said.
Nov. 16, 2011




my son is making me little sandwiches out of a variety of stale crackers and feeding them to me which basically requires sticking his entire dirt-filled hand into my mouth. awesome!
Nov. 4, 2011




is it bad that your kid is wearing your dead dog's collar, especially when she never wore it?
Oct. 24, 2011




my son was playing the guitar and said, you can call me victor.
before bed we were hanging out and he showed me a picture and said, "i drew uncle alan as a crab." it was pretty good, too. he always makes me smile.
Oct. 17, 2011




"mom, camille let me use one of her index cards but i messed up making a stop sign that means 'no girls allowed,' but if it is in the middle of the night, you can come in if you want." gabe is willing to take the supplies from a girl and let one in to help him, if it is dark!
Oct. 6, 2011




tonight at bedtime i was telling gabe that shutup is not a kind thing to say and that i love you is. he then said "i hope you don't die" (totally serious) is a kind thing to say. he is a bit obsessed with death lately.
Sept. 25, 2011




so we are eating breakfast and i hear my son say "you smell beautiful." i said, what? he said i tell the girl spiders in the hole that, because they can't hear me. i started to remodel the kitchen, oh, how many years ago and took off the trim and ripped out the vents. my husband is like, it is far better to have a hole to fall in than a rusty vent. well, those spiders are loved.
Sept. 23, 2011




gabe: mom, will there be food in heaven?


me: yes


gabe: will you and dad die at the same time?


me: probably not


gabe: will we run out of food when you die?


me: no, you will be an adult (then I thought, he could be a kid still)


gabe: if you die, me and camille don’t have anyone’s number.


this is what is on my 5 yr. old’s mind at 9:30 in the morn
Sept. 22, 2011




thank you for the birthday wishes! i really know how to pick amazingfriends. cheers to a lifetime and beyond of awesome friends and my son just made me a birthday lunch which was pretty terrific for a 5 yr.
Sept. 16, 2011


it's awesome that my son just used the sponge I use to wash the dishes to wash his armpits!
Sept. 6, 2011


camille's vision get together went well and we actually heard her say she is excited which made our hearts leap.  gabe on the other hand got jacked and began throwing rocks.  i am not sure how this kinder thing is going to work out for him.  he can't really handle massive amounts of people and activity.  visiting mr. k. on the first day of school-a major possibility.  i am still clinging to summer nights, laying and playing our i love you more than game with them.                                                                                                                                                  
Aug, 29, 2011


Happy 5th Birthday (tomorrow) to my boy, who really wanted me to take that heli ride! Thanks for joining me in this life! Love you.                                                                               
Aug.6, 2011


i told camille how i need to get to the gym. i haven't exactly been on a schedule.  she said not to worry cause i it's not like i am a fat monster.  in fact i am not a monster at all.  okay then.  thanks.                                                                                                                                                   
July 26, 2011


i love how my kids have this band in a van that is really a shed. they rock!                               
July 23, 2011


my son's cleaning the toilet while we are listening to who says.  next time brett goes to sync his ipod, selena gomez will be along for the ride.
June 11, 2011


my son is like a 12 month old puppy.  it was so fun that he was vigorously jumping all over me, wrapping himself around my legs, shaking the chair, bumping into equipment in use, while his sister was in the dentist chair.  he is almost 5.  i think i have been tired his entire life.                                                                    
June 9, 2011


somehow camille convinced gabe that she bought the garage sale bear with her piggy bank money.  he told me that she went to buy it and said, "i need your money," so to gabe it was her money, even though it came from his piggy.  what a bro.
May 20, 2011


my daughter is never short on creating resources: she didn't have a jump rope so she cut the wire off of an old phone to use.  nice.
Mar 27, 2011


hey gabe-"wanna do a fashion show with our man purses?"                                                               
(this is what camille said.  she made a duct tape wallet at school and then made gabe one)!              
February 18, 2011


gabe keeps telling me he loves me under the earth. hmm....
February 15, 2011

No comments: